[Users] RPID and how it relates to CallerID

Jesus Rodriguez jesusr at voztele.com
Thu Oct 6 10:53:46 CEST 2005

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Brandon Price wrote:

> Can someone please explain to me how RPID works under openser? I have some
> experience with SIP and Asterisk, but I am having some trouble manipulating
> the RPID variables under openser. How does RPID relate to Callerid or simple
> services like private calling, or anonymous call block. How do I tell openser
> to send all calls from a certain user with the privacy=full flag, I'm
> assuming this tells the sip proxy or UA on the other end not to present the
> callerid? Any help greatly appreciated.

You can use a field "rpid" in the database and load the value with AVPs.
A possible format to use is:

<sip:12345678 at domain.com;user=phone>;privacy=off

You can also add a prefix or sufix to every rpid that will be
automatically added by OpenSER with:

modparam("auth", "rpid_suffix", ";party=calling;id-type=subscriber")

Saludos
JesusR.

Jesus Rodriguez
VozTelecom Sistemas, S.L.