[Serusers] Remote Access for SIP trace

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Wed Nov 23 08:04:42 CET 2005

I know another approach has been to:
a) Run tcpdump continously (or when tracing is required) and dump to a file
b) Use sip_analyze to generate the SIP trace in HTML and make it available
c) Make an HTML interface to sip_analyze where various filters could be set

This way a simple html form can be used to create a trace.  The drawback is
the tcpdump file, but you could use rotatelogs and clean up old dumps in
cron.

This is one of the things that many people would like (or would benefit
from) and I'm working on a debugging "framework" for the onsip.org Getting
Started configs and such a setup would be useful. I would be interested to
hear from anyone who have a working setup and who would like to contribute
their code to open source.
g-)