[Serusers] voip charging by ISP's

Nils Ohlmeier lists at ohlmeier.org
Wed Nov 2 18:16:32 CET 2005

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 14:28, Iqbal wrote:
> I agree, I mean the next step would be to charge ebay and yahoo per
> transaction, just wondering how easy it would be for ISP to setup a
> monitor and a billing model on this

I think the ISP should not care what it is transporting. The snail mail also
does not look into what they are devlivering to charge you differently
(except express delivery but thats another story).

As soon as an ISP starts to look into the traffic from the user, the users
will invent uncounted ways of fooling the ISP (use non-standard ports; use
standard ports for the "wrong" service; use proxies; encrypt the traffic; and
finally combine all this). All I can say to the ISP: happy debugging!
And in the end I would be interested in how a court would judge about the
outcoming bills (who has to prove what?) :-)

  Nils