[Serusers] Basic Asterisk Setup

Samy Antoun samyantoun at yahoo.com
Sat May 28 22:10:21 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have an Asterisk box up and running behind a NAT
(Local IP Address 192.168.1.250). I would like to have
another Linux box with SER as a proxy/registrar server
on the same NAT (Local IP Address 192.168.1.150) to
have a remote phone on ANOTHER NAT to register to the
Asterisk server.

My Questions are:

SER Server:
- Which ser.cfg shall I use, the default cfg file or
any other cfg on the examples folder?
- Do I have to have a Domain?
- Do I have to Port Forwarding 5060 to the SER box?

Asterisk Box:
- What are the changes required?

Client (Phone):
- Do I have to use Outbound Proxy and point it to the
WAN IP Address of the NAT’s Router?
- Any other special configurations required?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards.