[Serusers] Advice needed

Michael Ulitskiy mdu113 at acedsl.com
Sat May 21 20:18:01 CEST 2005

On Saturday 21 May 2005 02:31 am, you wrote:
> I would say SER is what you need, except that you struggle with the
> authentication.  You have the following scenarios:
> 1. PSTN termination with IP-based access control (easiest)
> 2. PSTN termination with authentication of all INVITEs (yes, that's the UAC
> module. You should contact the maintainer,  Ramona-Elena Modroiu about the
> status. I thought it was reported to work, but haven't tried myself)
> 3. PSTN termination with registration and authentication of REGISTER (but
> not INVITEs).  Use sipsak to generate a REGISTER for your box.
>
> #2 requires that all INVITEs are sent twice and is not a very good option.
> I would seek out PSTN providers who will give you #1.
> g-)

UAC module doesn't work and I think won't work unless ser is made call-statefull,
'cause it needs to adjust cseq within dialog. I posted my findings to this list
several days ago (UAC module (backport to 0.9.0). Nobody replied so I guess
nobody knows the way to make it work.
As for ip auth I guess it's just not good enough. UDP invites don't require any handshake
it's not hard at all to spoof ip address. I believe sending 2 invites worth the security it
actually adds.
Also I don't understand what you mean by #3. Taking ip address from authenticated REGISTER
and then doing IP auth on that?
Thanks,

Michael

--