[Serusers] Help with AVPs

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Mon May 9 18:19:17 CEST 2005

Hello:

   I'm trying to load a number from MySQL, check that number to insure
it matches "appropriate" syntax then replace the username part of the RURI
with this new string.

  I've tried several things without success. Does anyone have any
suggestions
on how this can be accomplished.

   I successfully load a numeric string (a telephone number) from the
usr_preferences
table. I'd like to check if this value is a five digit extension, eleven
digit local number
(preficed with a 9), or some other type of call.

   One approach I used follows. This fails with a syntax error.

  avp_write("^sip:[3468][0-9]{4}", "$callmatch");
  if (avp_check("$calltype","re/$callmatch/g)) {
       avp_write("oncampus", "$calltype");
       xlog("L_INFO", "\n[SER]: call type: ONCAMPUS \n");
  };

  I've also tried embedding the regular expression in the
if construct without success.

 Any thoughts?

Thanks,Steve

--