[Serusers] Nat+SER

info at beeplove.com info at beeplove.com
Thu May 5 16:41:22 CEST 2005

I have a simple question, if i am using stun server if there any need
to use mediaproxy or rtpproxy, for users sitting behind routers ??
and if yes which one is the better choise to do that (mediaproxy or
rtpproxy)?

Thanks for help.

Stun server takes care of your clients who are behind Assymetric NAT. It
also depends on client. Like, your cleints may not be forced to use STUN
server.
Also, if your client use STUN, you need to use [Media/RTP]Proxy to cover
users who are from Symetric NAT.
>From my personal experience, I found MediaProxy easy to configure and have
some very good features. It doesn't mean RTPProxy is not good. I just
couldn't make RTPProxy worked. Maybe I was not that familiar with
RTPProxy/SER when I tried it.
Well, after MediaProxy worked, I didn't try RTPProxy again.

MOhammad