[Serusers] Loose routing question

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue May 3 16:13:28 CEST 2005

Klaus Darilion writes:

 > Thus, although the client is registered to C, C can not authenticate the
 >   INVITE as the domain enum.at does not appear in From: or To:
 >
 > Proxy B (iptel.org) may request authentication from my client (as From:
 > conatins iptel.org). But my stupid SIP phone can not authenticate
 > against iptel while registered to enum.at

klaus,

i guess you misunderstood me.  my original question was this:

   > If there is not tog-tag, I will reject the request.

   what is the benefit of rejecting the request instead of calling
   loose_route() and then doing your normal (out-of-dialog) checks to the
   request?

i never suggested that you should try to authenticate in-dialog requests
(which do have to-tag). what i questioned is why you would reject an
INITIAL request, just because it includes a Route header, and you still
haven't answered THAT question.

-- juha