[Serusers] Loose routing question

Tue May 3 15:56:10 CEST 2005

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Klaus Darilion writes:
>
>  > What would be a normal (out-of-dialog) check?
>
> the same checks you do for initial requests that don't have Route
> header, i.e., check if domain of request uri is local, authenticate
> caller if local, etc.

I do not check them, as this always caused problems in forwarding
sceanrios. Consider the following example.

A: sip:a at a.com
B: sip:klaus at iptel.org
C: sip:klaus at enum.at

I made a permanent location entry in proxy B (iptel.org) to forward all
my calls to my primary SIP account (klaus at enum.at).

A calls B and C will pick up the call. Now, C puts the call on hold. The
reINVITE will be loose_route processed from C, B, and A.

The INVITE looks like:
    INVITE ...
    From: sip:klaus at iptel.org
    To: sip:a at a.com

Thus, although the client is registered to C, C can not authenticate the
  INVITE as the domain enum.at does not appear in From: or To:

Proxy B (iptel.org) may request authentication from my client (as From:
conatins iptel.org). But my stupid SIP phone can not authenticate
against iptel while registered to enum.at

Thus, I do not authenticate loose_route requests. I just check if it is
in-dialog. Thus, bad requests can handled by the other SIP client. I
don't like my setup, but I'm not aware how to overcome the presented
problem. Any hints?

regards,
klaus