[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] Patched free-TLS implementation

Cesc Santasusana cesc.santasusana at nl.thalesgroup.com
Tue May 3 15:38:11 CEST 2005

Hi everybody,

The last i sent is a replacement as a whole for the original code sent by P. Griffiths. Sorry i forgot to mention that.

The patches for cfg.y and cfg.lex are both in the same file (patch.core.cfg..files.diff) within the zip. I was lazy :)
I resent it as a whole, and not as a diff, because i indented all the code with tabs, instead of spaces (so a diff would be bigger than  just sending all the files).

As for the CVS thing ... i agree with Juha. Either gets into the "official" cvs or we do something about it. The code i think is rather stable as it is (i only tested on my debian linux box, soon i will try on an ARM linux and i will report back on that too). For me, as long as it gets into a CVS, i don't care if it is mantained against HEAD or 0.9.0 (i use 0.9.0 .... so all my patches are against it).

On a more philosophical level, i understand the "quietness" on iptel's side ... they have their own version, and make money on it. But the thing is that this free version is here to stay ... it is the "problem" of opensource.
Another option would be for them to release their proprietary implementation if they feel that it is a better, more tested one.
In any case, i think that this whole thing needs to be decided fast.

Regards!

Cesc

>>> Alex Mack <amack at fhm.edu> 05/03/05 01:26PM >>>
Hi Cesc!

Nice to have those fixes in a package.

Is your cfg.y-patch to be applied *after* cfg.y.patch was applied or
*instead* of cfg.y.patch?

Or is your version a patched one which replaces the original
implementation as a whole? In that case where's cfg.lex.patch?

Alex Mack

Cesc Santasusana schrieb:

>Hi,
>
>I really hate to be so pushy, but i dont understand how such an important piece of code as TLS is not moving on into CVS ... or anywhere else by this matter. I will keep sending patches till i get tired (soon).
>
>Anyway ... i thought someone may be interested in a compilation fix for cfg.y introduced with the tls_domains (it would not compile if the cfg.y file had been patched but the tls-core files were not there); a bug fix for the session caching (fixed by turning session caching and resumption off); and an extension (the ability to choose the list of allowed ciphers from the config file). Oh, and all the files have been tabbed, instead of spaced (for indentation).
>
>Enjoy!
>
>Cesc

Unclassified