[Serusers] NAT with multiple SERs

Tue May 3 08:55:54 CEST 2005

Juha Heinanen wrote:
>   the other option might be to make ser-1 to send an options request to
>   uac-1 using ser-2's address in contact.
>
> should have been "in via header".

Nice idea, never thought of this before. But I see also some problems:

1. If the client is configured to use symmetric signaling, it will send
the response back to ser-1.

2. If the client sends the response back to ser-2, the port on the NAT
may be different than the port for communicating with ser-1. Thus, the
replicated location (port) stored in ser-2 will be different to the NAT
binding for ser-2.

regards,
klaus