[Serusers] Forcing TCP using exec_dset?

Evan Borgström evan.borgstrom at ca.mci.com
Mon May 2 23:26:53 CEST 2005

Hey All,

	We've got SER deployed as a man in the middle proxy situation where
both sides need to be talking TCP. The problem here is that there is a
LOT of NAT going on between the client and the eventual end point that
unfortunately cannot be removed from the situation.

	Right now I've got everything fixed up and working for whenever clients
send messages so that all the fixing up and rewriting takes place and
then transaction kicks in and the rest of the dialog completes as
expected. The problem comes in when the far end server sends a message
to the client. I've got a script on the backend that builds the correct
URI and passes it back to ser using exec_dset, the only problem is that
exec_dset() followed by t_relay() forces the packet to be sent via UDP,
which the client is not expecting and thus it times out. I've tried
appending ;transport=tcp to the URI that the script returns however I
get routing errors when I do this.

	Is there anyway (without using t_relay_to_tcp()) to force the packets
being sent to use TCP?

-Evan