[Serusers] starting SER - ld.preload.so

Gerard Wagener gwagene at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 16:07:41 CEST 2005

Hello,
I have some problems with launching SER. When I start
it, I receive no error, the return value of SER is 0,
but I cannot find SER's PID (ps -A | grep "ser").
when I started SER with strace (strace ser start) I
noticed that the access to ld.preload.so fails,
because I have no such file.  Does anybody know where
I can obtain this library? Has the glibc to be
pachted? Or is the problem somewhere else?

Here's my configuration:
Suse Linux 9.3
ser 0.9.0
glibc 2.3.3-118