[Serusers] SIP interconnect best practice

Alex Vishnev avishnev at optonline.net
Tue Mar 29 17:11:31 CEST 2005

Igbal,

Normally, you would want carrier traffic to go thru your proxy so you can
authenticate and authorize the request. From that point on, you can use
routing/forwarding to send the request to a proper terminating gateway or
another proxy. That way, your customer only has to work with a single IP
address when sending you traffic. However, if you really want to give them
your cisco's ip address then you can configure you cisco gateway for radius
or diameter accounting. Using open source radius servers, you can output
radius records into the database like mysql or other relational database.
You can use tools like http://www.ag-projects.com/CDRTool.html to perform
your billing.

Hope this helps

Alex