[Serusers] rtpproxy logs

Marian Dumitru marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro
Mon Mar 28 16:17:45 CEST 2005

Hi Razvan,

see my inline comments.

Toate bune,
Marian

SER Users wrote:

> hello,
>
> how can I access/enable/find logs from rtpproxy ?
> I see in rtpproxy sources that logs are being generated with
> "rtpp_log_write", but where are there or how can I "enable" them.
> I am interested to see when a session is "active", when a packet from
> both caller/callee are received in order to track down a problem I have
> with 2 UAs.

see rtpp_log.h file - look like stderr is used - it might work only in
foreground; check if when going in background, stderr is not closed.

> something else: when everything is OK how many ports should be opened
> for s single proxy session ? 2 (1 RTP+1 RTCP) or 4 (2RTP + 2RTCP) ?

4 -> 2 x (RTP + RTCP)

> when two UAs can not come to an agreement regarding a codec, is there
> any RTP traffic between the two, or media negotiation is based solely on
> SDP messages contained within INVITE/OK SIP messages ?

the codec negations is done at signalling level, via SDP - if no common
codec was found, no stream will be ever sent.

--
Voice System
http://www.voice-system.ro