[Serusers] SER --> RADIUS + MYSQL

a cairo a.cairo at scsitalia.it
Sun Mar 27 20:09:15 CEST 2005

Dear list,
i have installed SER with radiusclient on a server and RADIUS (freeradius)
with MYSQL DataBase on another server.
SerRadius HOWTO is referred to a configuration on the same machine and with
digest authentication.
In my situation user are into mysql database and not in a digest file. At
this point i followed instructions disabling "digest" word in authorize()
and autenticathed() section in freeradius.conf.
Tested with a simple client my server radius with mysql, response are fast
and correct but when i try with SER i note that password is note received
from radius!
Is radiusclient the problem? Work radiusclient with "local" password or only
with digest authentication?

If digest authentication is request, it's impossible create a digest file
for each user !!!

Can anyone help me?
Thanks
Arcibald