[Serusers] Re: How Do I Enable Session Timers On PSTN->SIP Calls?

Marian Dumitru marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro
Sat Mar 26 12:47:15 CET 2005

Hi Iqbal,

I think you should be aware of the limitations of this solution.

The accuracy of your billing will depend of the ST value. Ex: if a user
has 5 more seconds credit at last re-INVITE he will be able to talk till
the next re-INVITE comes - which will be in 2 minutes if ST value is 120.
If you try to reduce ST to increase the accuracy, you risk to overload
your server with re-INVITEs.

This will reflect mostly if you try to use rating plans with different
time-units.

Best regards,
Marian

--