[Serusers] SIP Transaction and avpops

PHAN, Quang-Minh (Docteur Ordinateur) Quang-Minh.PHAN at neuf.com
Fri Mar 25 17:35:12 CET 2005

Hi All,

    I have the following scenario:

    There are 2 SER instants: Ser-1 and Ser-2 running on 2 machines. All the
two are responsible for the domain example.com. Ser-1 is for outgoing calls
and Ser-2 is for incoming calls.

     Alice at example.com wants to call Bob at example.com, so she sends an INVITE
bob at example.com to Ser-1. Ser-1 forwards the call to Ser-2. Ser-2 tries to
locate Bob but Bob's softphone is not registered. Fortunately, example.com
has implemented "call forwarding on unavailable" service and Bob is using
this. He wants to forward all his calls to Bob at somewhere.com, so Ser-2
replaces the URI of the INVITE by bob.somewhere.com and forward the call
back to Ser-1 (as Ser-1 is responsible for all outgoing calls).

      My question is would it be possible that Ser-1 thinks that the 2
INVITEs (INVITE bob.example.com and INVITE bob.somewhere.com) passing
through it belong to the same transaction? (Because they have the same
CALL-ID, Fromtag and Totag). If so, How can I do to make them become 2
different transactions?

Thank you very much for your help,

Minh