[Serusers] Why Does SER Keep Retransmitting "487 Request Terminated" Messages?

Java Rockx javarockx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 15:36:50 CET 2005

Hi All.

I don't know if this problem is related to the re-INVITE problem I
posted yesterday

http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2005-March/016961.html

But it seems that when our Sonus PSTN gateway is invovled in a call
where the SIP UA sends a CANCEL before the other party answers, that
ser restransmits 487 messages to the SIP UA.

When dialing SIP->SIP everything works fine, it's just when the Sonus
GW is being accessed that the problem surfaces.

It appears that everything has been ACKed, so I'm stumped as to what
is happening here.

The attached call log shows the complete dialog where my Grandstream
UA dialed a PSTN number and cancelled the call when the other side was
ringing.

Can anyone give me a pointer as to why this  might be?

Regards,
Paul