[Serusers] Troubles calling from a Nated UA to a PSTN gateway on a Public address space using SER 0.9.1 and Mediaproxy Release 1.2.1

Alberto Cruz acruz at tekbrain.com
Mon Mar 21 00:20:16 CET 2005

Hi everybody I having a weird behavior with
Mediaproxy I'm using SER 0.9.1 and Mediaproxy Release 1.2.1
The Gateway is a Cisco AS5300 using release 12.2(15)T

I have a UA using behind a NAT, the PSTN gateway and the SER server both
  are using public IP addresses.

The behaviors are the following:
1. When I tried to place a call from a NATed UA to the PSTN gateway I'm
not receiving the call progress tone or ring back tone at the NATed UA.
2. If I decide to wait until the call is completed (doesn't matter if a
heard death air as progress tone) I start hearing the calling
party as soon the call is completed and we can talk each other without
any troubles.
3. If I cancel the call and hang up the phone at the NATed UA before the
call is completed (during the call progress stage) the SER/Mediaproxy
don't cancel the call it still in progress until it is completed or
cancelled by the PSTN.

I'm attaching my ser configuration and the logging I'm getting when I
cancel the call before it's completed.

Please let me know if this behavior is because
I'm making some mistake with mediaproxy configuration.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards

Alberto Cruz