[Serusers] Anonymization/uac-module questions

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Fri Mar 18 11:34:17 CET 2005

Hi,

Elena Ramona Modroiu wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 10:53:49AM +0100, Andreas Granig wrote:
>>And: you assume that SIP-URIs are always enclosed in <> when there's a
>>parameter appended. Where do you take this assumption from?
>

> Where did I make this assumption? It is wrong, having no <> is correct and
> follows the RFC. But in this case, the display name must not be present.

In modules/uac/from.c:153 of the main branch you (?) say:

   IMPORTANT: Since FROM hdr _must_ have all the time the tag parameter,
   we assume that uri is also all the time quoted by <> (which is
   required if the hdr has parameters).

The original From-header of the UAC doesn't contain a display name, but
the module complains about missing <> ("ERROR:uac:replace_from: broken
from hdr; no <>").

The From/To of the incoming BYE message is: