[Serusers] INVITE timers in/out

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Thu Mar 17 10:25:13 CET 2005

Hi,

As far as I remember avp_write (and related config calls) are provided
by the module avpops while the tm parameters are provided by the avp
module.
In fact, and correct please me if I am wrong, the avpops functions
updates the tm modules internally.

In fact, you can also set directly the tm avp using the set_attr config
function (maybe the spelling is not right....check it in the mailing
list/documentation/source code)

Thus, something like:
    set_attr ("fr_timer", 14)
    t_relay()

would be equivalent to map the inv_timeout avpops "variable" to tm's
parameter fr_inv_timer and set it with avp_write.

Depending on your scenario, you may need to select the timer depending
on some factors (=>use avpops), but if you just want to limit the
duration to PSTN and you have it predefined in your config file, using
just the avp calls is enough.

Hope it helps,

Samuel.

Unclassified.
>>> Java Rockx <javarockx at gmail.com> 03/17/05 12:37AM >>>
Dan,

You can set the timer with something like this:

avp_write("i:45", "inv_timeout");  # set invite timer to 45 seconds

Just do this before you t_relay()

I use this to give extra time when dialing SIP->PSTN since many PSTN
phones (like cellular phones) need the extra time.

Regards,
Paul