[Serusers] Re: mappig names to numbers for voicemail via asterisk

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Sun Mar 13 14:29:33 CET 2005

I agree, I think asterisk is far more advanced (no flames please) that
SEMS, and if you dont need ser at the front end, for some lightweight
small pbx setups, then u can drop them directly into asterisk, by
routing ur inbounds to the asterisk box instead of ser.

Voicemail is really cool on it, as Steve explained below, but I am trying
to setup my MWI for my ser users using asterisk, and what Java posted
sometime ago using sipsak and sending NOTIFY back to ser.

Iqbal

PS I havent really tried SEMS, so this is a little biased :-)