[Serusers] Nat Ping problems??

pat newham pnewham at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 12 22:53:57 CET 2005

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I have two grandstream
budgetone clients on the same subnet behind nat
registering with ser on a public address. Obviously
their public addresses would be the same but they
listen on different ports. When they initially
register, I can the call,audio is transmitted and
everything is successful.

However sometimes theres only one way audio, other
times theres no audio and then other times it
works....I am guessing that this is because the nat
router is forgetting the nat mapping so after a while
when the nat mapping is "forgotten" and a packet
arrives destined for a client, the router drops it....

Could someone verify this for me??...Am I on the right
track?? I have the following settings in ser.cfg which
I thought would keep the nat settings alive.

modparam("registrar", "nat_flag", 6)
modparam("nathelper", "natping_interval", 30) # Ping
interval 30 s
modparam("nathelper", "ping_nated_only", 1)   # Ping
only clients behind NAT

I also increased the nat keep alives "pings" sent in
the configuration settings of the grandstream
phone....Any further ideas??

Regards,
Pat.