[Serusers] SER Community Site ( onsip.org ) and Getting Started Documentation

Wed Mar 9 11:00:24 CET 2005

Hi!

Up to now I can only find the README of the lcr module and the README of
the xlog modul on the website.

IMO it is a bad idea to put README files on this website. Who will
update these files if the original files in CVS will change. This will
lead to inconsistence.

I rather would like to see, if the site would be like voip-info:
Publishing user experiences and documentation which can't be found on
the iptel site. e.g.:
- snippets of ser.cfg for certain features
- complete ser.cfg's
- description of undocumented functions (until they are in the original
documentation. This way everbody can easily write documentation and
after some time a serdeveoper with cvs acces and sgml knowledge can
copy-past it into the offical documentation)
- architecture (HA, ser+asterisk, ser+gateways)
- NAT traversal

Only tested and working ser.cfg's should be posted here. No discussions,
feature requests ... --> these belong to the mailinglist.

regards,
klaus