[Serusers] http / https in Userloc db

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Wed Mar 2 12:39:16 CET 2005

On 02-03 10:32, Marian Dumitru wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> As far as I know it could be one of the new SNOM specific feature - it
> advertise the http location of the web configuration page. But if recall
> correctly, the header name should by WWW-Contact, not Contact.
>
> Anyhow, it will be a good idea for register to check the contact
> validity before inserting into usrloc.

  That's one interesting question. What is a valid contact ? A regular
  proxy would not be able to contact URI with http scheme, that's clear.
  But that does not mean yet that the contact is not valid, because
  RFC3261 allows any sort of URI to appear there.

  On the other hand, a redirect server would just take this URI, put it
  into a 3xx response and send it back the the calling UA. If the calling
  UA is unable to reach the called party, it might display the contents
  of the HTTP URL or do some other magic.

  For that reason I think that there should be no limitation of what
  gets into the user location database.

    Jan.