[Serusers] rtpproxy must be located on the same machine with SIP server??

szj zjsun at biigroup.com
Wed Mar 2 07:30:32 CET 2005

Hi, All:
  Please forgive me for such stupid questions,
  Whether it is a must that rtpprox must be located on the same machine
with the SER.
  I want to enable the SER to support both the video and audio port
modification
 when SIP UA are behind the NAT. To do that what files should I
modify(modules/nathelper/
nathelper.c???), but I don't know the protocol between the rtpproxy and
SER. It is very kind
of you to help me on that!
  Last day I used the SER on the iptel.org to test the nathelp module,
my twu UA is located
behind the NAT. one UA is registered on my SER server, the other on
iptel.org'ser. After
establishing connection, I checked the message log, I found the SER
modified the SDP's c
IP value to iptel.org's address(195.37.77.99). If I am right, the ser
can know whether
both UA are located within the same NAT clouds by examining the source
IP of SIP message,
why does it modified its SDP c value under such situations.

  Thanks for your kind help and advices!
  Best Regards.

  Sun Zongjun