[Serusers] Re : PSTN - SER Basic

gunawan gun_cool182 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 05:53:22 CEST 2005

Hi...

Thanks Iqbal, Thanks Steve
(http://mit.edu/sip/sip.edu/ciscoGW.html) for ur
answer....
Thanks for getting started document at www.onsip.org
:) It's really help me to understand PSTN - Ser.. :)

hhmm.. I have another question... :)
1. Could u tell me the way how I can know that my SIP
server is already connected and can receive signal
from Cisco Gateway when I dial from PSTN to SER
Client...

2. do Cisco gateway have any command or syntax to
detect signal from SIP client....?????

thanks..

Hi

1. If you wish to call PSTN, you dial the PSTN number
direct, however
ser needs to be told based on that number / or based
on that prefix
where to go, i.e the IP address of the gateway. EG
lets say the pstn
number is 001 445 667788, then inser you would have
something like
(syntax will be wrong cause I cant recall these
things, so please
check)
if (uri=sip:001*@*) { rewritehost(a.b.c.d)
t_relay
}

a.b.c.d is your pstn gateway, look at www.onsip.org,
they have a
getting
started doc, which covers pstn connection

2. If the pstn needs to call xlite, you need to tell
you cisco gateway
that when someone dials

+62(761)53803 it should goto the ser proxy, and ser
should know that
thatr number maps to your xlite username

3. No

Iqbal

gunawan wrote:

>hi, I'm newbiie in using ser .....
>I am confused about how ser can connect to PSTN....
>in my experiment i have two client using xlite.. the
>name are xlite1 and xlite2 with alias number 6276101
>and 6276102. and I have two PSTN number provided by
>local communication provider one is +62(761)53803 and
>another one is +62(761)53939..
>I use 53803 for my PSTN gateway... I use cisco
gateway