[Serusers] SEMS with multiple SERs

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Wed Jun 22 16:47:36 CEST 2005

Stefan Sayer wrote:
> as you will have one conferencing mixer only and probably not do
> cascaded mixing, the simplest method is to use a dedicated SER instance
> that is only frontend to the conference mixer and forwards every request
> directly to one single sems instance.
> If someone calls into a conference number you simply relay the call to
> this SER.

That's a nice and simple possiblity I haven't though of. I think this
will also work fine in a HA-setup if you use two SER/SEMS-Pairs (one
master and one slave) as conference servers and perform the failover
handling (switching to the slave server on SIP timeout) in the failure
routes of the backend SERs.

Thanks,
Andy