[Serusers] ASTERISK+SER+MWI

harry gaillac gaillacharry at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 22 14:44:48 CEST 2005

What's wrong with ARA (asterisk realtime architecture)

from voip-info:
Asterisk, SER and MWI
http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2004-December/013727.html
Actually I wrote a patch for this and it supports
ast_data too. What you do is tell asterisk that all of
your phones IP addresses are your SER machine. Then
when a message gets left Asterisk sends the NOTIFY to
username at seripaddress:serport. SER gets it and
since it knows what's up, it relays it to the phone.
Tada! I gave my patch to Rob (who leads up the
ast_data patch. If you need it let me know. Its for
Asterisk 1.0.2 with the 1.0.2 ast_data patch.