[Serusers] ASTERISK+SER+MWI

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Wed Jun 22 12:35:41 CEST 2005

harry gaillac wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I wish to use asterisk as voicemail system with ser
>My phones are registered on SER and asterisk provide
>conference ivr and voicemail system.
>
>I want to use Asterisk Realtime Architecture to store
>voicemessages and configuration .
>
>Michael Shuler has written a patch for mwi.
>http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002980
>
>I need help to set up voicemail storage and how to
>send mwi to clients registered on ser

Most clients will respond to unsolicited NOTIFY messages with an
event type of simple-message-summary and the Messages-Waiting
tag in the body with a value of yes or no depending upon which state
the lamp should be.

The externotify flag is one tool for executing a script that can send
such a
NOTIFY message.