[Serusers] how does a b2bua help billing

Shaikat Mahmud shaikat at stitel.com
Tue Jun 21 06:30:04 CEST 2005

I have used Asterisk as B2bua. I have written an application to communicate
with 3rd party billing software using Radius Client, Alepo RBS. In asterisk
when any caller is willing to initiate a call, you can set a hang up time
for that caller's channel. I have set the time when callee answered the
Invite of asterisk. When asterisk does any RTP relay or other stuffs on that
channel, then it checks when to hang up. It takes the current time from the
system, compares it with Hang Up time. When Asterisk sees that time is over,
it initiates the Protocol wise disconnect procedure.

Shaikat Mahmud