[Serusers] Is there an AVP to alter "expires=" inREGISTERmessages?

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Mon Jun 20 16:23:47 CEST 2005

I think that the UA should send the re-registration message before. I would try to push UAs developers to upgrade the firmware instead of adding more stuff to SER just to correct end points which are not compliant.
Said that, since we are not in a perfect world, you might try something like (just until the ATA firmware is corrected, of course ;) ):

save_noreply();
//modify Expires in reply
sl_send_reply;

I don't know exactly how to modify the Expires.....maybe something like subst textopts. Or remove the header and add a header to the reply (there was a function to do that but I don't remember the exact syntax or how it exactly works).

I can not help you more than that....and I don't know for sure if it would work, just give it a try.

Samuel

Unclassified.
>>> Java Rockx <javarockx at gmail.com> 06/20/05 02:21PM >>>
Greger,

That would be possible, but the way SER generates the 200OK reply, it would
contain the altered "expires=" value. By doing so, the ATA would take that
new value and use it, so if the ATA sent the REGISTER with an expires=300
and SER replied with a 200OK and a contact header containing expires=360,
the ATA would not send another REGISTER for 360 seconds.

I was fooling around with sip_msg.c and reply.c were I padded the expires
with 60 seconds before saving to usrloc and then removing the pad before
sending the reply and it works, but I would just feel better by not altering
the source code.

I guess I'd just feel more comfortable if SER had some sort of AVP or
modparam for the registrar module that did this automagically.

Regards,
Paul