[Serusers] ser monitoring by serweb php script

Alexander Philipp Lintenhofer lintenhofer at aon.at
Sat Jun 18 20:10:05 CEST 2005

Rosario Pingaro schrieb:

> I'd like to try the monitoring script by serweb but I am unable to get
> the tables updated.
>
> I followed the installation readme file updating my cronjob conf file,
> I have a working configuration of serweb so the connection to the db
> is fine. But I don't get any updated.
>
> Searching the var/log/messages I see the cronjob executed, I don't see
> any error.
> So I don't know where to look to get more info on my problem.
>

> Is there some one of you that uses this script?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rosario

Hi Rosario,
In my opinion the problem is not the cronjob but the PHP-script
read_ser_moni.php.
In my configuration it is not executed by the cronjob directly but via a
small shellscript. Maybe some lines of code will help you to debug the
functions directly...

regards,
Philipp
#!/bin/bash

PIDFILE=/var/run/ser.pid
ADMINDIR=/iptel/html/htdocs/admin/cron_job
LOGFILE=/var/log/read_ser_moni.log

[ -f $PIDFILE ] || exit 1

# possibly kill old hanging instances
if $(ps ax | grep -q [r]ead_ser_moni.php)
then
    for OLDPID in `ps ax | grep [r]ead_ser_moni.php | awk '{print $1}'`
    do
        kill $OLDPID;
    done
fi

if $(ps ax | awk '{ print $1 }' | grep -q "^`cat $PIDFILE`")
then
    cd $ADMINDIR
    /usr/local/bin/php -q $ADMINDIR/read_ser_moni.php | cat >> $LOGFILE
else
    exit 1
fi
exit 0