[Serusers] uri matching for dial plans

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 21:34:32 CEST 2005

Hi

I have a nice table of prefixes and gateways, which works great using
lcr, however I am now working on dial plans, i.e user can call 001, not
0044 etc etc, based on what I have in my grp table.

Problem here is with codes like 001

since this would allow 001234 also, which for instance could be puerto
rico (which it aint) but if it was I wouldnt want the call to go there.

so I am doing something like

if (uri=001 && !uri=001234) make the call...BUT

this is a pain, especially for 001, I have had to block out 30 odd routes
manually, which is making my ser config look really ugly.

add into that other routes and suddenly we have a painful config file.

So what I wanted to know is it possible

 to pull info from a DB, using exec, and store the value in a variable
which can be used later.

the grp table only really allows u to bind a "name" and then see if the
from user is in that group, but it dont let you to the break that down
into finer options, especially dial plans

Iqbal