[Serusers] DNS Resolution of SDP-"Connection Address" at SER

Gerhard Zweimüller gerhard.zweimueller at ocilion.com
Mon Jun 13 15:03:14 CEST 2005

Thanks for your answer.

The funny thing is: I am trying quite hard to convince the vendor (actually a well-known VoIP-chip/module/appliance maker) that FQDN in SDP is a good (and allowed) thing.

Even more funny: In the preceding firmware-release FQDN was no problem. But in the current release they apparently *removed* the FQDN-support and now they try to convince me that FQDN in SDP is not allowed :-(  Although I sent them RFCs and everything to prove them wrong.

But there you go.

I tried your suggestion with fix_nated_sdp and so far it seems to work. Thanks for the tip!

Hopefully the vendor will change its RFC-support policy soon.

Kind regards,
Gerhard