[Serusers] ser is failing after a while with sems

Roger Lewau roger.lewau at serverhallen.com
Wed Jun 8 23:09:00 CEST 2005

I have set up ser with mediaproxy and sems according to example configs.
When I start up mediaproxy, ser and sems all phones register properly and
calls can be placed internally (have no external gate yet). I also tried
calling a UA not onlie to get sems to take the call and it works great. So I
tell my beta tester to start testing....

1 day after, all calls are rejected because of server error. I have to
restart everything and it works again, only to fail the day after...

These entries are found in the log for every call I try to make when ser
stopped working.

Jun  8 22:42:33 ns2 ser[523]: ERROR: t_newtran: transaction already in
process 0x29830c58
Jun  8 22:42:33 ns2 ser[523]: ERROR: sl_reply_error used: I'm terribly
sorry, server error occurred (1/SL)

Error message on SJPhone is "number not available"

The error message about t_newtran tells me this is caused by a part of the
config added for sems to work. Also it seems that after putting the
t_newtran in the config there should be some t_release as well since I get
this message repeatedly after restarting ser. However I can not find any
documentation stating this is necessary or where this should be put in place
within ser.cfg.

Jun  8 22:53:34 ns2 ser[4898]: WARNING: script writer didn't release
transaction

If I comment out the SEMS configuration lines withing ser.cfg and restart
ser. It works properly again....

First, is there any any one with a ser.cfg script that works with sems
without the error/waring messages above being logged? If so please send it
to me.
Secondly, have any one written any official documentation about this
product, including different scenarios? Since the system is widely used I do
not understand why there is no official documentation available. Dont say
onsip, no more help to find there.