[Users] Re: [Serdev] OpenSER release

Wed Jun 15 10:56:25 CEST 2005

Hi all!

It's good to see that there are people encouraged to improve ser and
integrating new features. It was also obvious, that iptel was not happy
about the open TLS code.

Nevertheless, a split is not only the best way. I'm a user - not a
developer. For users this is getting a nightmare. I have to subscribe to
the openser mailinglists and read both of them. There are still emails
from people asking if they should use rtpproxy or mediaproxy. There are
also several avp modules and yet I refused using them as I do not know
which I should use. Now imagine, how many emails we have to answer from
people asking which version of ser they should use - and the worst
thing, there is no easy answer.

Some features will be only in the main ser, others will be only in
openser. Although you state that you will incorporate patches to the
main ser, I'm sure your business will grow and you don't have the time
to maintain two versions of ser - and synchronize patches.

Please, dont forget the users.

regards,
klaus