[Serusers] More Queries regarding SIP IM

Abhijit A.Mahajani abhijit_m at citilindia.com
Tue Jul 26 12:33:05 CEST 2005

Hi!
Please see if my problem statement is clear from following or not?

Consider Windows Msgr specific case first:
UAC 1 has established a voice call with UAS through SIP Proxy.
UAC1---INVITE------>SIP Proxy------>UAS
SDP=Audio/Video

Now UAC1 wants to send IM to UAS
UAC1---MESSAGE------>SIP Proxy----->UAS

My Question is Now what should UAS do?
When seen in ethereal, we see INVITE again from UAC1 with SDP=x-ms-message.
If UAS supports SINGLE INVITE then, It ignores these INVITE  and IM is not
processed.
Should UAS process the seocnd INVITE also?

Consider a case where Voice call is established other than Windows Msgr.

UAC1-----INVITE----->SIP proxy---->UAS

some other UAC e.g. UAC2 wnats to send IM to UAS (Not from Windows msgr)
UAC2-----MESSAGE--->SIP Proxy---->UAS
then Now this SIP IM is sent from Other UAC (Not from Windows msgr).Which
does not send INVITE with SDP=x-ms-message
It simply sends SIP MESSAGE.
Now here my question is Will UAS process this SIP MESSAGE?
Because Both Call ids are different .

Thanks and Regards.
Abhijit