[Serusers] Bug report in pa module

Xavier TRENTIN xtrentin at softiphone.net
Fri Jul 22 17:59:35 CEST 2005

Hi all,

we're trying to connect Windows Messenger Clients to ser-0.10.99

We've configured ser with pa module.

If I understand how it works :
	-U1 is connecting for the first time to ser.
	-U1 add his contacts, and each time he adds a contact, ser inserts the
data in watcherinfo table. For exemple, he adds U2 inhis contacts.
	-U2 is connecting for the first time to ser.
	-presentity_contact table is updated and U1 can see that U2 is online.
	-U2 add his contacts, and each time he adds a contact, ser inserts the
data in watcherinfo table. For exemple, he adds U1 inhis contacts.
	-Then presentity_contact table is updated and U2 can see that U1 is online.

We've tested the two following configurations:

	-In one hand, if the Usernames of 2 clients are very differents, such
as "Mohamed" and "Xavier", it works fine.

	-In the other hand, if the Usernames are something like "Xavier1" and
"Xavier2" and each of them are in the contacts list of the other, then
we found a problem while ser was trying to insert data in
presentity_contact table. The s_id generated is the same for each user.

Therefore, only the first user who was connected the first time will see
the status of the other user.

B.R.
Xavier.