[Serusers] serweb: "sorry -- cannot open write fifo"

Ertugrul Akyurek akyurek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 13:56:06 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have installed ser 8.14 with serweb that comes with it.

Ser works smothly, I can apply aliases too, but the problem is when I
open the web interface the page opens fine, but there is a red line
saying:

serweb: "sorry -- cannot open write fifo"

I changed the rules of ser_fifo file in /tmp to 777, didn't help. And
both ser and serweb look for the same fifo file, I can see that in
config files.

How can I get rid of this problem, becouse this way serweb doesn't do
instant messages or many other things.

I also added fifo_mode=0666 to my ser.cfg file and restarted, nothing changed

Thanks in advance

Ertugrul