[Serusers] Radius Howto

chenhui chenhui at cnnic.cn
Thu Jul 21 10:21:29 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I have tried to configure radius function, and do step by step with the document "ser_radius".

When I go to the step----root@/usr/local/src# radiusd -X, there produce a lot of debugging information and the following Errors
Errors reading dictionary: dict_init: /usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary[16]: Couldn't open dictionary "/usr/local/etc/radiusclient/dictionary.ser": No such file or directory
Errors reading radiusd.conf

I check the /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/dictionary.ser, it is got from the CVS web interface as described in 2.3 section of "ser_radius".

And then, I add "#" before "$INCLUDE /usr/local/etc/radiusclient/dictionary.ser" in the file "/usr/local/etc/raddb/dictionary", and run "root@/usr/local/src# radiusd -X" again, there shows no errors.

I don't know how to solve this problem and how to add the dictionary.ser into the default dictionary.

Thanks!