[Serusers] sipsak, notify, sipura ata

Nils Ohlmeier lists at ohlmeier.org
Fri Jul 15 23:28:04 CEST 2005

Hi Tim,

nice to see you here too :-)

On Friday 15 July 2005 23:05, Tim Bray wrote:
> Gerd Feiner wrote:
> > so how's the right syntax then?  I'ver tried
> >
> > sipsak -f notify-resync.txt -a <password> -s <sip-uri>
> >
> > but I get just get error: unsupported authentication algorithm
>
> The reason for the `unsupported authentication algorithm` message is
> because sipsak is case sensitive.
>
> The Sipura returns  `algorithm=md5` but sipsak expects `algorithm=MD5`
>
> A quick change in the source to sipsak, to make it case insensitve in
> this area, and recompile gets rid of the message.

It seems like you are using an old sipsak version. sipsak-0.9.0 uses case
insensitive comparesing if the functions are available on the system during
compile time.

BTW you can verify if sipsak support case insensitive comparesing by looking
at the compile options from the output of 'sipsak -V'.

  Nils