[Serusers] sipsak, notify, sipura ata

Tim Bray tim at provu.co.uk
Fri Jul 15 23:05:47 CEST 2005

Gerd Feiner wrote:

> so how's the right syntax then?  I'ver tried
>
> sipsak -f notify-resync.txt -a <password> -s <sip-uri>
>
> but I get just get error: unsupported authentication algorithm

The reason for the `unsupported authentication algorithm` message is
because sipsak is case sensitive.

The Sipura returns  `algorithm=md5` but sipsak expects `algorithm=MD5`

A quick change in the source to sipsak, to make it case insensitve in
this area, and recompile gets rid of the message.

But the sipura still won't accept the authentication.

The password is meant to be the Line password set on the sipura -
according to sipura documentation.

If anybody does have a way of successfully making a sipura resync by SIP
  NOTIFY, I would be very grateful if the secret can be shared :)

sipsak -f ../notify-resync.txt -G -a <password>  -s sip:<sip url>

Where notify-resync.txt is:

NOTIFY sip:$user$@$dsthost$ SIP/2.0