[Serusers] SER with two domains

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Fri Jul 8 20:56:49 CEST 2005

On 05-07-2005 18:12, Naresh Parmar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to SER and currently configuring the SER to be used with two SIP domains. i.e. zone1.sip and zone2.sip. I have 2 SER proxies serving with one proxy serving zone1.sip and other proxy serving zone2.sip. Do I need to include a routing block in the se.cfg of these 2 proxies to make the interdomain call between zone1.sip and zone2.sip?? Or simply the DNS would help?? can someone suggest a soln for this to work??

  If your users can type the whole URI in their user agents then it will
  work using DNS. Otherwise you would have to use some prefix, for
  example, when they dial prefix 1111 then the call will be routed to
  domain1, when they dial 2222 then the call will be routed to domain2,
  and so on.

  Users of HW SIP phones can typicaly dial only numbers, so you would
  need some prefixes.

    Jan.