[Serusers] RPID privacy

Daniel Poulsen dpoulsen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 01:05:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to give my users the option of disabling caller ID if they so
choose by dialing a code. I can tack on rpid using append_rpid_hf() just
fine, but for some reason my privacy flags seem to be ignored. Perhaps I am
not processing them properly?

One observation:

I've noticed most people on the list using the format:
append_rpid_hf("<sip:","@localhost;
user=phone>;party=calling;screen=no;privacy=full")

When use this format my tcpdumps show:
Remote-Party-ID: <sip:sip:2125551212 at my.sip-domain.com@localhost;
user=phone>;party=calling;screen=no;privacy=full")

I have to use:
append_rpid_hf("<","; user=phone>;party=calling;screen=no;privacy=full")

...to get it to look correct in the headers. This strikes me as odd that
everyone else uses the former and I must use the latter.

I am using ser-0.9.3 (Soon to upgrade to 0.9.3!!) and the gateway is a Cisco
AS5350. I've looked as Cisco DOCS and the header seems to be structured
properly. I'm sure it is something stupid, but I am scratching my head on
this one.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Dan