[Serusers] ANI + CallerID in SER

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 03:14:32 CEST 2005

caller-id is represented by the rpid, and in theory can be set to
anything, the ANI (auto num identification) is actually a "hidden"
identifier which should not blockable or changeable, else 911 wouldnt
really work.

Ser includes the caller-id in the uri, and also as you mentioned using
rpid, in a appended header. As for the ANI, not really sure, but its not
in SER I dont think, else it could be modified....which leads me to
think that this is how you could spoof ANI

Iqbal