[Serusers] call transfer INVITE / REFER

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Tue Jul 5 10:25:15 CEST 2005

The effective transferring is done using REFER messages but since there
are several transfer methods, some INVITEs can be triggered before (put
on-hold, contact the referee). So, depending on how the user has
configured the transfer in his/her phone (blind, attended,
unattended,are there more??) the SIP request that the phone sends when
the user presses the button is different.
Take a look at the draft specifying the different transfer methods for
a detailled view of the message flows
(draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples I don't remember the most recent
number....probably 7 or 8)

Samuel.

Unclassified.
>>> Iqbal <iqbal at gigo.co.uk> 07/05/05 03:57AM >>>

which is why I am wondering if on pressing a transfer button request on
phone, should the first message being sent be a REFER or a INVITE,
cause
refer would make sense, although I havent looked at the rfc,

If anyone has a IP phones transferring a ngrep of transfer would be
appreciated

Iqbal

On 7/4/2005, "Nils Ohlmeier" <lists at ohlmeier.org> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>take a look at the SDP of the INVITE. Probably it just puts the other
side
>on-hold before sending the REFER.
>But I have no real clue how transfering without REFER should work.
(Except a
>cumbersome solution with Replaces and 3pcc, which I have never.)
>
>  Nils
>
>On Monday 04 July 2005 21:07, Iqbal wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Should the call transfer use INVITE or REFER as a method, cause I
seem,
>> to be getting INVITE, but this then causes problems with
authentication.