[Users] Please suggest an aproach

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Fri Jul 22 10:21:57 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 07/22/05 09:15, root wrote:

> Subject:
> Please suggest an aproach
> From:
> root <jayesh_1017 at yahoo.com>
> Date:
> Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:12:40 +0530
> To:
> devel at openser.org
>
> To:
> devel at openser.org
>

>hi,
>First let me describe our system. We have a Dual Xeon processor with 2GB
>of memory. Our hardware is configured with OPENSER-0.9.5. My first
>question is whether SER is capable of handling 100-150 calls per second.

yes, it should be able to handle much more, but this depends on your
configuration and infrastructure (internet connection, database
connection, percent of natted users ...). Anyhow, with your hardware
configuration the number should be much higher.

>If yes then Openser would be the best approach that we can provide to
>our clients.
>The Authentication needed by us is using the source IP. Would using the
>permissions module be OK.

You can use allow_trusted() (see
http://openser.org/docs/modules/0.9.x/permissions.html). Another option
is to use an special AVP per user and avpops to check it (see
http://www.voice-system.ro/docs/avpops/ar01s08.html#ex_trusting).

> What are the other better alternatives.
>With this kind of scalability what be the best method of gathering the
>CDR. Will SQL be better or Radius be better or just having it in the
>flat files will solve the problem.

It is up of your billing system and what are you more familiar to.

>With this kind of configuration how many concurrent calls can we have
>using Mediaproxy for the NAT traversal on the same machine.

I haven't played with such configuration, maybe some other users can
help you. But as far as I know, mediaproxy supports distribution so you
can add a new system when your bandwidth is exhausted.

>Please suggest the best possible approach so that I can go ahead with my
>development process.

The best approach is to have each server (sip, database/radius, rtp
relay, media server) on different systems and replicated in
active-passive modes so you avoid single point of failure.

Daniel