[Users] bug in openser_mysql.sh script

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Jul 4 14:57:15 CEST 2005

On 07/04/05 15:48, Dave wrote:

> Strange. I ran the script twice and got the same results.
>
> Yes, since I am loggeds in as root, environment variable USERNAME is
> automatically set to root.

This is the problem, the script uses a variable named USERNAME and
before setting it to "openser" checks if it is already set. What
distribution do you use? In debian $USER is set to local user id. I will
change the name of this variable.

You can create a ".opensermysqlrc" file in your home directory and put
there:
USERNAME="openser"

Daniel